Tuesday 11 November 2014

Ebook News


Here's the first in what I hope to be an ongoing series of posts highlighting ebooks.


Chet Cunningham, whom I interviewed here, has been busy putting out his back catalogue as ebooks, including his Jim Steel series and his Pony Soldiers series. The books I'd like to bring to everyone's attention though, is his Outlaws series; six books that were originally published by long gone Leisure Books. All six are now available as ebooks. The reason I'm mentioning this series in particular is that Chet has also put out a further three books that I'm sure fans of the series will be eager to read.




Gary McCarthy, another author I interviewed sometime ago, has also been busy making many of his books available as ebooks, including his entries in the excellent Rivers West series. Two of his own series that I really enjoyed are amoung his releases; The Horsemen, and The Derby Man - you'll find a number of the latter series reviewed on Western Fiction Review.




Piccadilly Publishing continues to put out around eight ebooks each month and have recently begun releasing two terrific series by Judd Cole; Wild Bill and Cheyenne - the latter of which I'd highly recommend are read in order as story threads continue book to book. They've also started publishing Cy James' great Sam Spur series, Peter McCurtin's Carmody books, and McCurtin's entries in the highly regarded Lassiter series originally written as by Jack Slade. Finally, for this entry anyway, I'd like to mention one other series they've started to put out, and whilst some may not called it a western series specifically due to it being set slightly later than the years many consider westerns to be set in, and that's Lou Cameron's Renegade books, originally put out as by Ramsey Thorne.

3 comments:

Nik Morton said...

Proof yet again that the western is alive and kicking! Thanks, Steve!

Jo Walpole said...

I hope you are able to keep up the good work promoting e-books as well as the mainstream paper versions. Since our library closed the Kindle is my main reading source so the more titles I hear of, the better. Thanks for all your reviews, Steve.

Steve M said...

Jo, most of the paperback books published in the last few years are available as ebooks too. I am hoping to continue with the ebook news posts at least once a month.
Steve :)