Thursday 20 January 2011

Longarm UK covers

I've often been asked by American readers of the Longarm series what the covers look like for the first twelve books published here in the UK, so here they are. 

As you can see they have totally new artwork. What I've always liked is how Long's head rotates rather than staying in profile as on the American covers. 

The first appeared in UK bookshops in 1979 and the last in 1982. Why the publisher, Methuen, stopped publishing them I don't know.

The cover illustrations were done by Stuart Bodek.

Click on the image to see them much bigger.




4 comments:

David Cranmer said...

These are sharp alterantives to the US covers.

James Reasoner said...

The hat is wrong, but other than that those are pretty good covers. I like the rotating face, too.

Matthew P. Mayo said...

I agree, these are handsome covers. Thanks for posting them, Steve.

Oscar Case said...

Nice covers!